Re: clutch life in a DMC?

Cameron and others, I just posted today more pictures of the old
clutch disk, pressure plate and so on. I look at this like brake
shoes, the more you ride them the faster they are going to wear out.
If you ride the clutch a long time, like some people ride the brake,
meaning not fully disengaged, the clutch assy. will over heat, and
the fiber material that grips will crystallize and get hard. Heavy
traffic is where I would get the most wear. On,off,on,off. That's
why some last a while and some don't. Make sure the peddle is
adjusted so when you let off the clutch it's fully off and you still
have peddle play at the top. P.J.Grady sells an adjustable plunger
shaft so you can make sure this will happen. If you feel the clutch
engage or disengage is to close to the top of the peddle, then you
may be calling it close. Look at what I posted today.After you get
past the home page. I am adding more pull down catagories.
(Drive train)
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/drivetrain.shtml

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxx> wrote:
> How many miles should one expect to get out of a stock Delorean's
clutch under normal driving conditions? Please tell me it is not like
a Lotus or Ferrari where you gotta change it like every 10k mi, but
on the other hand be honest I need to know. :)