AC compressor failure?

hey all,

i recently had my freon recharged and my AC has been superb for about 2
weeks. now all of a sudden it went 'kaput"!

the problem is that my AC compressor is not turning on when i am in AC mode,
or any other mode either. this just suddenly started happening. the fuse is
good, and the belt is nice and tight. i brought it over to a service center
just for a brief diagnosis, and he said i have pressure in my system (checked
it at one of the valves behind the compressor) but he didn't know how much
because they didn't have time to actually get me in to work on my car. i'm
going in on monday.

what can i do until then to see if i can figure this out by myself? is there
any common problem here?

thanks,
Andy

Soma576@xxxx