From: Jay Jones
To: NewsLetter DMC (E-mail)
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 4:57 PM
Subject: [DML] Starting and Idling Issues

I know that there have been a lot of posts about hot starting. However I
wanted to post my specific problem and see what folks think the issue really
is and how to go about fixing it.

When I start the big D cold it starts up will little effort, however if
driven immediately after startup it will fall on its face when accelerating.
After two minutes of running it will run fine.
Different story when starting hot. I have to hold down the gas and keep my
key turned for 30 seconds before the engine finally fires up. It runs very
rich (gassy smell) for a couple of minutes and then runs like a champ.

On Idling my engine surges from 800 to 1200 RPM. I have no idea why it does
this.

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx