Removing Clock, can I leave the "window"?

Removing Clock, can I leave the "window"?

Hello everyone,

I plan on removing the clock on the center console since I can hardly read it
anyway and if I could it wouldn't be precise: it's about 5 min fast PER WEEK!!!

Since I also have plans for putting in several LEDs to monitor some functions
(One for each cooling fan, AC clutch, Batterysaver engaged/disengaged) I would
like to know if it is possible to leave the little "window glass" in place when
removing the clock. Since this panel is "smoked" I could put a couple of large
(10mm square) LEDs in, with masks to show the functions.

I was inspired in doing so because of the picture at
<http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/transputer3.htm> at the bottom of the page...
I like the idea, but with my idea I can do more with the shapes and sizes for my LED-indicators...

While I'm in there I might look at making a solid state dimmer for the
dashlights, but that's only maybe: I have them connected together for full
illumination now and sometime even that's not enough to my liking...

Thanks for the help,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000