Cooling Fan Question.

My left front cooling fan only intermidantly works. If I gently smack
the side of it with my hand, the blades will spin, and the fan works
ok, but only for a while. The blades are attached firmly to the
spindle on the motor. And likewise I can feel that the clip and
washer are attached in place. But the whole intermidant thing is
driving me crazy as you can imagine. My guess is that a brush or
something else isn't making proper contact inside.

A while back at Autozone, I saw cleaner spray that said it was safe
to use on both alternators an electrical motors. Does anyone here
ever used a product like this before? And if so, what were your
results? Thinking back, it wasn't untill after I drove my car thru
some semi-deep water that my washer motor, and this cooling fan acted
up...

-Robert