OEM key blank variations

I have noticed that there are two variations of the molded plastic on OEM
DMC key heads. I am referring to the ignition key of my '81 two key system
car Vs. the ignition (which is also the door key) to an '82 model one key
system car which I had the opportunity to scrutinize.

I have held the two varieties of keys side by side and noticed that they are
obviously shaped differently; although, it was long enough ago that I can't
remember exactly how. It has bothered me enough recently that I went
looking at photos of keys on the internet. From the photos, I can tell that
Lee's reproduction keys are a slightly different design than mine. In
particular the DMC logo on Lee's keys are more centered between the bottom
of the key chain hole and the bottom of the circular indention. On my key,
the DMC logo is closer to the bottom of the circular indention with more
space between the top of the logo and the bottom of the key hole. When I
say 'bottom' in this case, I am referring to the end of the key that you
stick in the ignition.

When some of you from the DML are at a large enough DMC meeting, compare
your keys and see what variations you notice and report back to the list. I
used to think that all DMC molded key heads were of the same design. But
not so! Can anyone say why or when they changed the shape? Did anyone know
this before or am I the first to notice? Can anyone say what happened to
the original key head molds? Are they at the bottom of the ocean? I
suppose it could make a good fishing weight at the least.

So Lee, are you ready to make a new set of molds? Are there any varieties
of DMC key blanks that have the DMC logo on both sides? Are Lee's
reproductions this way? It seems a waste to have one side blank if you are
really hyped up on a reproduction logo. I'm sure some of you would be bored
to know this, but others may find it interesting. Y'all check it out

Walt Tampa, FL