Re: Lighting mod ?

We've allrealy had some conversation off-list, but tis can be intersesting for others too:

> To put a long story short this is what I would like to do:
> I want my front orange side markers to function both
> as running lights and directional indicator lights.

This is really simple; you have to connect the markerlights between the red and green
wires at the bumperlights on each side. Normally one would allready be connected (the red
one from the marker to the red one on the bumper), so all you'd have to do is snip the
black wire from the marker and connect it to the green one in the bumper.
On my car I had just enough room (and articulation in my hands) to snip the wire to the
marker in the bumper, if you can't snip it at lest 2" from the marker and put a new wire
alongside the original harness to the bumper. One side of the wire to the green wire at
the bumper, one side to the snipped off black wire at the marker and you're done!

Now the markers will lighjt with your position lights, blink with the appropriate side for
the indicators and if you use both lights as well as indicators at the sam time, the
markers will go out each time the indicator lights, thus blinking "negative"...

> The previous owner did some strange things
[snip]
> What can be done to get the sidemarkers function as both
> running lights and directional indicator lights

You have to find out which side of the marker the single blue wire is connected to at the
marker (use a test light), snip the other wire (ground) at the marker and follow my
instructions above for putting in a new wire alongside.

Putting in an extra wire isn't really that hard, just be carefull, patient and go slow.
Use a piece of stiff metal wire as a hook to pull the electrical wire through if
neccesary...

Need any more help,
contact me privately (again ;-)

Greetings from The Neterlands,