THEN IT HAPPENED TO ME.
I GOT LOCKED IN
MY NEXT MOVE WAS TO UNPLUG THE ORIGINAL DOOR LOCK CONTROLLER

Message: 14 Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:33:26 -0400
From: "marvin" <marv@xxxx>
Subject: trapped inside - me too

MARVIN WRITES:
You must be joking!
Assume there are 2 people in the car with parcels on the rear shelf area.
Some have suggested just simply turning around, opening the relay / fuse
section by removing the wooden board, and pulling out the relay? My body
won't allow me to do that! Apparently, I'm not hinged in the same places as
others. My wife and I did get stuck inside the first DeLorean we owned, at a
service centre. Wearing a suit and tie, and she in a fancy dress, I found it
impossible to do that ---- maybe I could have when I was 25 years younger.
Since then, about 10 years, I have never locked the doors, unless I'm out of
the car and use a key!
Marvin Stein
email: marv@xxxx

NOT LOCKING THE DOORS MAY BE HELPFULL IN SOME BUT NOT ALL CASES. IT DEPENDS
UPON THE CONDITION OF THE CONTROLLER.
AS SEEN BY MANY OWNERS, THEY CAN TRIP THEMSELVES.

FURTHERMORE, LOCKING THE CAR ONLY WHEN YOU'RE OUT CAN RESULT IN A WONDERFULL
SURPRIZE WHEN YOU RETURN TO THE CAR. A DEAD BATTERY. THERE HAVE ALSO BEEN
PLENTY OF CASES WHERE YOU CAN BE LOCKED OUT OF THE CAR AS WELL AS BEING
LOCKED IN. THIS IS TOTALLY DEPENDENT UPON THE EXACT CONDITION OF THE
CONTROLLER AT THAT MOMENT.
IT A LOT LIKE ROULETTE
DO YOU FEEL LUCKY TODAY ?

dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mr.Zilla,
> So, let me get this straight. If I unplug that Red wire to the door lock
> control module I will be able to lock and unlock the doors but not
> simultaneously?
> Ryan- vin.#16301

CORRECT
FURTHER, IF YOU HAVE REMOTE LOCK / UNLOCK IT WILL BE INACTIVE AS WELL

Message: 8