Re:Different door guides (was:Trapped in a DeLorean?)

Re:Different door guides (was:Trapped in a DeLorean?)

In a message dated 6/22/01 3:37:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ian@xxxx writes:

> I wanted to install door guides on my early car vin.00780 and bought a set
> off Ebay. When I tried to install them the door latch, screw points, and
> door body all seemed different? Are the early/later doors different? Are
> there door guides for the early doors?

My late car ('82) is supposed to have them from the factory but doesn't. Go
figure. But the doors latch just fine. There ARE several types of guides.
There are plastic for later D's and stainless steel for earlier ones. (I
think there are three types... someone else can correct me, no doubt) Rob
Grady told me I needed the "late '81" door guides on mine, but since I've
never had a problem, I haven't done it yet. The extra weight from adding the
heavy s.s. guides will reportedly require a torsion bar adjustment to
compensate.

-Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group