The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Hi All,

On the 9th of June I finally got to do what I've been waiting for for months
-- pick up my body panels!

Dave Bauerle was able to do a fantastic job on the RR quarter -- you'd never
believe the bottom lip of the wheel wheel had been smashed as badly as it
was. It looks like a brand new piece.

Unfortunately, the doors had some areas he was not able to repair. Both
doors have large nicks on the top, right by the seal. If you look at the
doors, you can see how difficult that area is to get to -- the area is boxed
by the door frame, and it's too small of an area to get a spoon up into.

I was planning on scrapping the doors, but someone recommended having the
gouges welded in with stainless, then ground down. Anyone ever attempted
something like this before? A stainless welder is going to be stopping by
my house next week to take a look and give his recommendations.

So, while I waited, I started to slowly sand the many deep scratches off of
my hood. I'm starting to get the dreaded "X"... any tips here would be
appreciated.

Other than that, I've been doing smallish jobs. Put in FanZilla, ordered a
few pieces, prep the rear deck & engine cover for painting...

Speaking of which, since everyone uses semi-flat black and then Armor-All or
the like to shine the louvers, I am thinking of trying a semi-gloss or gloss
black SATIN finish paint. It should give the same effect without having to
Armor-All it all the time. Anyone else ever tried this?

So... things have started moving again. I even have my insurance agent
trying to get me listed. Of course, the underwriter is having a fit for all
the usual reasons... but IU'm sure we'll squeak it by. Heck, if he was
going to insure me for an '87 Lotus Esprit Turbo for $400 a year, then he
should be able to do better with a D, right? =)

-Dave
http://www.ProjectVixen.com <http://www.ProjectVixen.com>
VIN #05927