Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Re: a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

I've had 4 out of 5 of the symptoms you've had (#2 excluded). Problem
turned out to be two things wrong with my engine:

1. Frequency valve not connected.
2. Spark plugs incorectly gapped.

The wires in the plug for the frequency valve had been pulled way
back into the socket. Most likely the result of someone pulling on
the wires, rather than the plug to disconnect. As for my spark plugs,
I had got a set that crossed over. Problem was that I trusted the guy
behind the counter when he said they were pre-gapped. I assumed, and
well you know how the saying goes! :)

But after these two issues were corrected, the idle was smooth, pick
up is great, and the gas milage improved quite a bit. Have these
symptoms appeared suddenly, or have things just slowly gotten worse
to the point where you are now? Backtrack a little, and that may help
you sort things out.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Aaron King" <floodle@xxxx> wrote:
> OK, here's what I have. A few relatively minor problems, all
relating to
> the way the engine runs. I don't know if there's a connection
between them,
> but something seems kind of suspicious...
<SNIP>