Re: [DML] Advice on tuning my engine

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 delorean502@xxxx wrote:

> I thought the O2 sensor was before the cat on a delorean

The O2 sensor is before the cat on every fuel injected car (though some
cars have a second O2 sensor after it as well). Generally, you want to
put the O2 sensor as close to the engine as possible.

Removal of the cat should not upset the O2 sensor at all. Since the O2
sensor is not used at full throttle conditions and (IIRC) is not used at
idle either, I would look elsewhere for the problem. While a problem with
the O2 sensor might be responsible for very bad gas mileage, I think that
it's likely that the problem is elsewhere since it would not cause the
other symptoms.