DeLorean Vandalism..

Well, I had my first experience with idiot wanna-be vandals last night. I decided to take my D out to a local Dennys and parked it next to a car load of people eating fast food (interestingly enough, I think they were middle-aged ladies and younger females). I always try to keep it within eye-sight of where we are sitting inside, and sure enough after about 2-3 minutes my fiance says she saw something go flying towards my car from the parked car which was now slowly driving by checking out the D. I went outside, the car drove away, and it seems they took pleasure it hucking an open sauce packet at my car. The funny thing is that they largely MISSED, and hit an older VW bug next to the DeLorean. (I kind of felt like Michael Douglas in that one scene from Falling Down where the gangsters try to shoot him straight on and miss.) :)

Anyway, so much for the jealous/stupid (and disrespectful!) frog people. (A pathetic thing like this could only happen in the central valley of California.) All I had was a small streak of Jack in the Box sauce on my windshield. But what I'm wondering is if any others out there have "vandalism" stories to tell. To me, this just confirms my opinion that owners run the risk of bad things happening if they leave their Ds unatended and out of sight for long periods of time. So keep an eye on your DeLorean!

Richard (sauce free)