Re: Quick question

You'll here a "knocking" or "Clanking" noise coming from it if it is
loosing system pressure. That's just the spring and diaphram that is
inside the accumulator moving as the system is loosing pressure. This
is what keeps the pressure in the system. If you are hearing that
noise...your Accumulator may be good and you may have a faulty check
valve that's on the fuel pump? A fuel leak somewhere? I don't know
that best way in testing the check valve but I would do this before
replacing the Accum.

Steve