Re: Automatic Car Wash

This depends on your car. I normally wash my D @ the do-it-yourself
car wash with the high presure sprayer. When I wash my car, I do lift
the louvers and scrub and spray the engine cover and rear-inner
quarter panel glass respectivly. My car always fires right up with no
problems. But at the same time, I have spark plug wires made
specificly for the PRV engine, so they have the boots on top to seal
the spark plug wells. If this is not the case with your engine, you
may have problems. I keep a soft drink straw in with my tool kit just
incase I ever need to blow the water out if something were to ever
happen. Just make sure that the ignition coil cover is in place, and
you have no bare wires. Everything should be ok.

The brushless car washes are great if you wash your car on a regular
(weekly) basis. But they don't always remove tar and bugs. Before you
run your car thru, test it's water-proofing with a garden hose first
to make sure there are no leaks or anything. That way you can stop
the water immediately so it doesn't flood you car incase you find a
leak.

-Robert
vin 6585

p.s. When washing the DeLorean with a high pressure sprayer and
bubble brush yourself, choose a carwash that uses colored soap. You
don't need to have the brush come in contact with your car. You can
simply 'fling' the soap onto the car and scrub with your own rags,
sponge, etc. But colored soap has an advantage; when you go to
finally rinse the car off, you can tell if any soap is still in the
grain of the stainless because you car still see the pigment! By
fully removing all the soap, the car will dry easier, and will have a
brighter sheen. Or if you choose to polish the body, the stainless
will shine much quicker. There are no ill effects from the colored
soap, but it will tint your car untill you rinse it (because of the
same carwash I always go to, my car becomes pink!)