Re: [DML] e-bay cars (was DMC Prices)

[Moderator Note: Obviously there are a lot of eBay DeLorean stories. Because the list is very busy right now with technical discussions, this will be the last one I will approve. If someone has advice or deeper insight about DeLoreans on eBay I will approve that, but no more "I paid this much and the car had these miles on it" stories until DML traffic slows down. - Mike Substelny, moderating this week]

I found mine through ebay last October.
I drove two hours to go check it out before bidding, there is no way I would
buy one without seeing it first.
It's #04687, a 10/81 (pretty common), but in terriffic shape. I got some
paperwork with it, including about $5k in repairs in 12/97 in DMC Houston.
It was all pretty normal stuff for a 17 year old car. It only had 17,700
miles. I paid $12,500, plus taxes and licensing fees.
I think the car is probably in the top 25%, and too original. I know I got a
fantastic deal.
I am now approaching 21k, and have very minor things done. Very minor.
I think it cries for suspension work, and some serious door adjustments (one
is heavy feeling but goes all the way up and stays up, the other is light
feeling, but can't go all the way up for the t-panel being off center).

Ebay will be there. BTTF will be there. Big deal. it's life. Deal with it.
Love your car or leave it. etc. etc.

[moderator snip]