Re: [DML] Automatic Car Wash

> Does anyone know if its ok to run a delorean through a touch free
>car wash???
<snip>

I know a guy who services car wash equipment for a living. In order to test
them, he runs his small truck through. His truck gets washed this way
several times a day! Despite all the washing, it never seems to hurt the
paint.

However, he never runs his truck through 'brushless' or 'touch free' car
washes. He says that in order for them to be effective that the chemicals
they use need to be extra caustic. He warned that these chemicals will dull
paint as well as get suck behind molding and cause corrosion.

>From my own experience with these systems, I ran a non DeLorean through one
and EVERY window leaked from the enormous pressure involved with such a
system.

Considering how delicate the rear louvers are, I will never give an
automatic car wash the privilege of leaving a mark on my car -- touch free
or otherwise.

Walt Tampa, FL