Re: A/c fixes

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I need to fix my a/c. I am having a hard time finding r-12 and was
wondering if anyone knows of the conversion kit to change to R-134?
What should I do? If I stay with r-12 and there is a leak, I could
be out some serious cash. but switching to r-134 sounds like the
right thing to do. any drawbacks.

> Thanks
>

> Sweating in the D
>
> Joseph
> vin 2850

Hello,

I converte dmy D to 134a and it works great. The only thing you need
to keep in mind id that thr 134a runs under higher presure than the r-
12 so you may have to replace items from premature ware. However the
cost is still less than having to mess with the r-12.

The only thing I did to convert mine was chang out the charging
valves (on top of the compressor)and purge and vaccum out the system
SO THAT ALL OF THE THE OLD R-12 AND R-12 OIL IS OUT then rechrged it
with 134a, and it seem to be just as cold as the R-12.

REMEMBER THAT YOU CANT JUST LET THE R-12 GO FREE WHEN YOU DO THE
CONVERSION, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AND VERY VERY DANGEROUS. YOU NEED
TO TAKE YOUR CAR TO A AUTO SHOP THAT HAS THE EQUIPTMENT TO CAPTURE
THE R-12. HAVE THEM DISCHARGE YOUR SYSTEM OF R-12 AND THE OIL.

Good Luck and God Bless...