Re: [DML] Reluctant downshift.

It does sounds like you need your shift linkage adjusted. Procedures
on how to perform the adjustment are in the workshop manual. If the
plastic clutch line were the culprit, you would have grinding when
going into gears. You may want to take the car back to the shop the
did the clutch replacement. When my local DeLorean mechanic replaced
the clutch, they of course had to drop the tranny. But when they put
it back in, the two mechanics had my car on the lift and shifted thru
all gears (with the engine running)to check the linkage adjustment.
But since you replaced the shift assembly, you would need to
naturally need to perform an adjustment anyhow.

One quick question: How exactly did your shift assembly break? While
it is a part that does see frequent use, I don't imagine that it has
a good deal of stress put onto it's parts.

-Robert