Re: A one off factory Delorean W/a SS frame

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> I don't think the SS frame made it in to any of those cars. The SS
> frame idea was killed before car 500 was produced. (We saw 500 in
> Cleveland, and I don't remember it having a SS frame).

Then as I suspected that the Delorean pictured at:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/Prototype/prototype.html is a PRE Vin
number 500 car,as no car came from the factory with sliding
windows,or Fiberglass front and rear Fiberglass Fascias(and other NON-
Production MAJOR stuff) ,as this Delorean has,and as discribed, it
has also a non-exopy frame in excellent condition,which means it
either was in a climate controled garage or it had a Stainless Steel
Frame under it,for "testing purposes",and as Lotus Engineering was
the company under contract to do all the engineering aspects on the
Delorean,you have to come to the conclusion,that this Experimental
Delorean was one of those Deloreans that escaped being Destroyed,(by
Lotus)and somehow wound up being sold to the general public,and if
that is the case I wonder how many more pre-Vin number 500 cars(or
Lotus/Delorean "Experimental cars") are out there.Again if anybody
knows the whereabouts of that car,please let the list know,for
historic reasons.

Claude
000570