Re: [DML] transmission fluid changes (was computer governor (should I be

Re: [DML] transmission fluid changes (was computer governor (should I be concerned?))

Senator,

In a conversation with Rob Grady, I suggested that I should change the
automatic transmission fluid in my DeLorean every 30K miles. Rob suggested
doing it every 20K miles to be on the safe side since he has seen moisture
(and consequently rust) form inside. Comparing Rob's proactive interval
with yours of every 3K miles makes yours seem wastefully frequent. IMHO,
(forgive me if this sounds condescending because I don't mean it to) if you
want to err on the side of too much maintenance AND do what is best for your
car AND get the most for your money then I suggest changing your
transmission fluid less often and putting those resources toward changing
your motor oil more frequently. I say this because I have known of several
people who change their motor oil as frequently as every 1K miles yet change
the tranny fluid much, MUCH less often. Can you give us more insight as to
why you put so much emphasis on transmission maintenance?

Walt Tampa, FL