: Re: A one off factory Delorean W/a SS frame (Was Delorean galvanized f

: Re: A one off factory Delorean W/a SS frame (Was Delorean galvanized frames/

: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxx> Wrote:
Subject: Re: Delorean galvanized frames

According to Mike Loasby, one of the senior engineers at the factory, they
did trials on a galvanized chassis frame, they liked everything except that
some of the threaded holes needed to be re-tapped out again, because of zinc
build up. This slowed down the production process too much..see his
technical video produced following the 1997 Eurofest.

Ironically,that could have possibly saved the factory,from closing (the slow down)Again Lotus was putting out Espirits,with galvanized frames at that time (and today) with basically the same threaded holes/studs,and they did not worry about it,and switch to a "epoxy frame",the thing JZD SHOULD have done,was stuck to his guns,and not listen to Lotus,and Stuck with his original plans with the ERM process(Elastic Reservoir Molding)Developed by Composite Technology Corporation(another Delorean Company),NOW that would have been a major breakthru in Frame/body design/engineering.
Also on the subject of frames,did any of the factory prototypes have a Stainless Steel frame,under them,I remember reading a article that James Espey wrote,about going to look at a pre-production prototype Delorean at a major auction(Cruise auction I think) and he quotes that on that pertiuclar Delorean that it, DID NOT have a epoxy coated frame but a "Bare Metal" frame,could this have been a Factory Test mule for a possible future SS frame for our Deloreans? It has just come to me where I read that, here is a link:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/Prototype/prototype.html Also I sure would love to know what vin Number that car had. James any comment

Claude
000570