can't remove my fuel accumulator

I took my D in to my mechanic to get the fuel accumulator replaced.
He could not remove the old one. He said that the bolts were too
rusted and there wasn't enough room there to work, and get enough
leverage to un-do the bolts...
He said he tried for about 30 minutes and couldn't get it. And I
can't really tell him to keep trying or try it this way or that...
(you can't really tell a mechanic how to do something, if you know
what I mean... they will take it the wrong way)

So he basically said that I can come pick up my car whenever

So, what kind of options do I have. Should I just try to take it to
another mechanic and see if they can replace it ??

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim Teston #15314