Automatic transmission

Hi all,
I had the common erratic shifting problems with my
automatic transmission.
Thanks to Mark Hershey I understood very well, where
the problem comes from. I replaced the broken caps
and added the two 0.1 microfarad caps to the GND and
VCC supply of the comparators. My solder ball points looked
absolutely ok. Additionally I inserted
two 1N4007 across (C-E) the transistor outputs. Beeing
aware, that the transistores are PNP types, I was relatively
sure (you can never be 100% sure) to solder them in the correct
direction. Unfortunatly after installing the GC back in the car, the
car starts in 2nd (or 3rd?) gear and refuses to shift at all. I
removed the diodes back from the transistors because if they would be
in the wrong direction, they would permanently swith the
two solenoids. But this did not help at all. (The A/T Fuse is ok.)
Can somebody give me the following information:
What could cause the car starting in second (or 3rd?) gear ?
If no transistor would switch, which gear would be in use.
Which transistor (if you look on them when the GC is installed)
switches what gear ?
What is the switching voltage of the Base (against Collector Emitter)
A schematic (even handdrawn) would be a great help.

Thanks a lot!

Arne
VIN 4949
arne.hofmann@xxxx