Re: [DML] Flowmaster Exhaust on a DMC?

Steve:

I had a FLOWMASTER and a complete custom fabricated stainless steel exhaust
system with two separate high performance "cats" installed into my DeLorean
some three years ago. I thought I would be getting an improvement by having
this installed into my DeLorean. It was a big disappointment!

After two months I had it removed! There was very little engine improvement
in performance or power besides the droning sound from the FLOWMASTER was
unbearable, so I had it removed and the original system reinstalled. It was
an EXPENSIVE experiment. The FLOWMASTER made the DeLorean sound "cheap,"
thin and cheesy.

Bottom line??? There is nothing wrong with Mr. John Z. DeLorean's exhaust
designed without other engine mods such as headers and injection system. So,
LET IT BE.

If you want a exhaust modification to be fitted into the DeLorean, check with
Rob Grady. He has it in his "Green DeLorean" and expect to pay big bucks for
the modifications, if the parts are available. The parts were not, when I
interested three years ago.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic. 9D NY