Re: [DML] Stainless Steel air filter box (was Stainless Steel Fascias)

Re: [DML] Stainless Steel air filter box (was Stainless Steel Fascias)

Scott,

The ram air is a good idea, but you are right about destroying the lines of
the car. The best option for that might be Lee's side scoop idea. I
haven't heard anything more about that in a long time.

I got the idea of making a totally new rear louver with an attached wing
that would have an air scoop made into it with the side supports being air
ducts going through the engine cover. I don't like making irreversible
modifications to the car, so if I ever tried that it would use new bolt-on
parts. I picture a wing similar to the Starfire. It could attach the same
way as the optional luggage rack without otherwise modifying the car body.

But for the masses, I think something that stays confined to the engine
compartment would be more desirable.

Walt Tampa, FL