update to my famous fuel problems

Hey all,

my DeLorean now sits in the service bay at Valley Imports in Fargo, ND - a
porsche, BMW, VW, and audi dealer. here's the scoop:

they have the car actually RUNNING with a little bit of help. the technician
got it running after a few turns of the key and a couple of gas pedal
thrusts. it'll run now but it only sounds right in the higher RPM's, as in,
above 1500 RPM or so. he was playing with the throttle and the CO screw and
he could get it running pretty damn good in the upper RPM's, then as it drops
down to idle, you have to be really careful about letting off on the gas or
else it will die. he had to be really slow and help it along. finally it
would hold an idle, but it surges up and down between about 400 RPM and 1100
RPM or so, in regular approximately one second intervals for each surge. the
fuel pressure is within specs. the car would dip down to about 400 RPM and
almost choke itself to death every time until it eventually does. the tech
said that my suction fuel hose in the tank is pinching somehow, even though i
have one of Jim Reeve's springs inside of it. he didn't say that this was
the reason the car won't run well though. it's just a note. he seems to
have the idea that my fuel distributer is faulty or malfunctioning. for the
record, yes he is putting his thumb over the CO screw every time he works
with it.

anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this crazy idle? i'm getting
closer yet i'm still so far!!!!!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596