Re: Rust Problem.

Sorry to hear about that, it just seems like its one thing after
another on your car! About removing the access panel for the gas
tank, I would suggest dropping the tank as well. When I removed mine
last month, I found a good sized area on the inside wall of the frame
under the brake cylinder that had rusted. I chipped away all of the
bubled epoxy to fortunately find only surface rust. I bought the
starter pack of POR-15 and it was pretty strait forward to apply. The
starter pack comes with everything you need for a 12 or 15 sq foot
area. This was more than enough in my case. I painted the rusted
area, and put the gas tank back in. I can only hope its doing what
its supposed to. In an case, good luck tracing down any rust you may
find on your frame.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960