Re: better Eagle 3.0 questions

It's hard to say. What exactly had happend to the engine block that
has rendered it as "bad"?

I too have looked into the 3.0 liter conversion. Myself, I don't care
for electronic fuel injection. I perfer the CIS mechanical on the
DeLorean. Much easier to maintain and tune. While others may have
more info on this than I do, I have read on the internet that the
Eagle Premier's have known issues with their ignition ECU's. Another
reason I'm not fond of EFI or excess electronics. Personally, I am
not concerned with even or odd-firing of the engine. I would rather
just keep the DeLorean block, pan, crank, and heads using only the
Eagle pistons and sleeves. Which when you think about it DMC
Houston's upgrade makes a whole lot more sense. Plus for resale
purposes, you'd have a common upgrade performed by a well known
service center. Another problem with the Eagle fuel injection system
is parts and support. Eagle parts I've been told are niether cheap
nor easy to come by. If something happens with the DeLorean, you have
a variety of service centers to contact for help. If one of the Eagle
components acts up, you may not have very many places to turn...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jake@xxxx wrote:
> well i did what i should have done first and scoured the archives
for
> hours to find out some things, although i am still not entirely
clear
> on all the steps, i'm hoping one of the experienced experts can
make
> a list of sorts of the steps involved...
<SNIP>