Re: [DML] Rear Quarter Panel Removal

Nick,

If the shop has never performed a DeLorean panel replacement be sure to supply them with the following:

>From the DeLorean Workshop Manual
P:02:03 & P:02:03 REAR QUATER PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

Because part of the rear fascia needs to be removed they should also have P:02:19

Be sure to include from the DeLorean Parts Manual
8/3/1 Rear Quarter Panel
8/5/1 Rear Fascia
8/4/3 Rear Louver

You might advise them to be especially careful when working with the rear fascia attaching fasteners. The bolts are molded into the fascia and can be easily damaged. Excessive force can cause the attachment bolts to be ripped out of the fascia interior.

BTW: I would suggest that you make photo copies of the above "manual" pages and submit only those pages to your repair facility. It not only eliminates the need for the mechanics to search through you manuals, you will also eliminate damage to your books while they are not in you possession.

I would answer your other question but I don't know what you are referring to as "driver side pivot arm". It sounds like you are describing the rear trailing arm but that item does not attach to the fiberglass body.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <deloreanservices.com>