Re: "Get the air out of your coolins system" - do what??

Re: "Get the air out of your coolins system" - do what??

The post you are referring to only hints that everyone should make
sure that their cooling system is in top shape for the summer. In
answering your question of "get the air out" this is a reference to
bleeding the cooling system of entrapped air. This is usually only
nessecary when you drain and refill the coolant. There is a bleeder
screw on the water pump and you should also loosen the right side
radiator hose to remove all air. keep the header bottle half full when
hot and if you notice you need to add coolant then you have a leak
which SHOULD be fixed. The cooling system of the Delorean is one of
the "weak links" and you must stay on top of it. The engine is very
durable but it won't survive being overheated!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757