Re: Alternators

Believe me, I am totally on your side when it comes to shopping
around for the best price. But I would highly reccomend that you
replace the warning light in the binnacle. Asides from telling you
when the alternator has gone bad, it also serves another purpose. If
the light comes on while driving, this is usually a sure sign that
your alternator belt has come loose. This belt is also connected to
the water pump. If the pump stops while driving, then overheating of
your engine is imminent unless you pull over IMMEDIATELY!!!

If you are driving for either a commute or for pleasure, you may not
notice the light if it comes on. Replacement of one bulb is much
cheaper then an entire engine.

The job isn't as simple as an oil change, but by the same token it
isn't impossible. A little insurance now for that little light may
save you in the future...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
>...also, if you're like me, and the
> battery light went out of your dash, and you dont want
> to pull the thing apart, i can get a modification that
> plugs into your alternator to "fake it out", and make
> it think the light is active, and charge your system
> as normal.
<SNIP>