Re: High RPM when hot

Verify that the idle micro switch is properly adjusted and that the
throttle cable is not binding. It sounds like the throttle is not
returning completly to the idle position and engaging the micro
switch. You might have to either-both lubricate the throttle cable and
spool, and readjust the idle micro. If it starts right up cold then
the cold start valve and system would appear functional. It does not
control idle speed directly. Another remote possibility is that the
air flow sensor plate is not centered and is rubbing the side of the
venturi. This is a delicate adjustment. To inspect remove the air
filter and look for rub marks and GENTLY move the sensor with a
finger. It should move smoothly without rubbing the sides. Do this
with the motor off! Verify that the 3 brass adjusting screws are
LIGHTLY seated closed, they are not used in this application, the idle
speed motor contols idle air flow.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757