Door Ajar Light/Voltmeter/CD Player

I just put a self-bleeder from DMC Joe in, and while driving around
to make sure nothing was leaking coolant, I noticed the door ajar
light was on. I checked the rubber things on the end of the switches
and they were both there. I even disconnected both wires to both
switches and the light was still on. The door illumination marker
lights and the key in buzzer stopped when both switches were
in, but the door ajar light kept shining. I pulled fuse 5 (dash
services) and the light went out. I assume this is a short somewhere.
The question is, where? When putting the new speaker wires in for
the new speakers and CD Player (more on this later) had to run the
wires for the rear speakers through the center console. Is it possible
I knocked something loose to cause this light to stay on? If so, are
there any obvious places to look? Also, when I was testing the
self-bleeder I noticed the voltmeter was very low, down at the first
mark at about 4 o'clock on the gage. I didn't have anything on other
than the engine. No a/c, no radio, no headlights. Could I have also
caused this when running the speaker wires? If so, where should I
check first? Anyway, about the CD Player and speakers. For the
rears I used 4"x10" Pioneer TS-A4103's and for the fronts 3.5"
Pioneer TS-A878's. All were mounted in the stock locations. For the
player I used a Pioneer DEH-P330. I haven't cut the hole in the radio
bracket to din size yet, but it sounds great! As I turned on the
radio, I heard the antenna go up and was thinking "that must be a
good sign." I popped in my CD of "Bohemian Rhapsody," heard the
wonderful sound quality, and was thinking "Cool, it's Bohemian
Rhapsody. It's on a cd. It's in my DeLorean. Hey! It works!"
Anyway, any help on my door ajar light/voltmeter problem would be
appreciated.

John Yeoman