Re: seeking audio advice

If you are looking for a simple system that provides great sound,
skip the amp. The DeLorean cabin is small enough that it doesn't
warrant the amp for this setup in my my opinion. Espcially for the
size speakers you're looking to install. You'll have decent enough
sound that for what you want that you will be happy. The fiberglass
floorboads can resonate enough as it is. If you're looking to install
any type of sub woofer(s) anywhere in the car, then you may want to
reconsider the entire design. But if you want to keep the system
simple, then leave out plans for additional speakers other than the 4
in the stock locations.

If you want to kick things up a notch, here's an exaple of my car.
Right now I only have 6 speakers active in the DeLorean. Two 6x10"
Infinity Kappa's on the rear shelf wall, two 5¼" Infinity's mounted
on the lower kick panels, and two tweeters located in the dash board.
As of right now the system sounds great, but since it is incomplete,
I have 2 dead spots (between doors), and too much treble (high notes
are ear piercing if not adjusted properly). To finish off, I will
install 2 small bazooka tubes under the dash aimed at the floorbards,
and two 4x10" speakers back into the rear spaces for the factory
speakers. With this setup I will still have access to my rear parcel
shelf, and a decent amount of base. For the amp installation, I'll
probably go with installing it under the spare tire.

If you're looking for a MP3 player for the car, try this site out

www.empeg.com

Haven't used the product yet, but it is an alternative that I've
found. If I could hook a wireless NIC to the player, I'd have the
DeLorean on my home network with my other PC's!

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, webmaster@xxxx wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my stereo system while keeping the look and
> feel as stock as possible (i.e., no bass cannons or wedge-shaped
> boxes on the parcel shelf). I don't want to wake the neighbors or
> resurrect the dead with a $10K supersystem...I just want some
decent
> sound while I cruise...
<SNIP>