Craig Radio Display Repair

Hello list,

Having benefited greatly from my 90 days of DML Boot Camp, I'm ready to
make my contribution. We all have specialties, Rob, DMCJoe, John,
Wayne, Daryl, Frank, the 3 Daves, Stephen, and many others. I have
mine. Included is the (IMAO) definitive repair of the Craig display.
It's much too long and complicated to cover it on the list, plus it
really needs pictures. The obvious solution is to write it up for
DeLorean World. In order to do this I need another radio for the
pictures at the various stages. If you are willing and able to donate
one for the cause (I pay $30 including shipping) it would be much
appreciated..

Long term, if you feel you can make this repair, I'll sell you the very
flexible wire (the key to it all). If you screw it up trying and don't
destroy it completely I'll finish it for you. If you just want it done
and aren't a super solderer I'll do it for you (not for free, only the
wisdom (wind) is free). The repair consists of 16 sub miniature, very
flexible wires, 32 gauge, 18 strands of soft #44 copper with an ultra
flexible plastic sheath (made to flex continuously in applications). If
you want to get your own 100' of wire and/or try the next size down (34
gauge, 7 sliver plated #44 strands that flexes like a rubber band), you
can get that too but it's about 90 cents a foot (I'll give you the
address). The stuff I used because I didn't feel that much flex was
needed and because it added strength is about 40 cents a foot. Enough
to do a radio would cost you $4 with shipping.

If you just want to repair the old trace cable and don't intend to play
tapes, I'll write up a few hints on that in the next day or two. Also
requires advanced soldering skills but I'll tell you all about it in my
next Craig Repair posting (and if you decide to try it and screw it up,
see above)..

Les