Re: [DML] my first real drive (not without its problems)

Re: [DML] my first real drive (not without its problems)

Thanks, everyone, for the input on my first set of problems!

I filled up the tank and drove the car on the same route it was on
last time...except this time it didn't die. Full tank = fine, half
tank = dead engine. I'll check out the pickup line, baffle, etc. once
my parts and tech manuals arrive and I can hopefully get some
assistance from a fellow D owner in the area. Until I learn more,
having me work unsupervised in the most flammable/explosive area of
the car is probably not the best of ideas. :-)

As for the tremendous vibration, I suspected flat-spotted NCT's and
the general consensus seems to have confirmed that. There's a shop
not too far away that has a GSP9700, but they say they can't get the
Yokohamas I want because they're not in production anymore. I'll have
to order the tires from tirerack.com, then take them (in a second
car, of course) to have them installed and balanced. The whole thing
will end up running upwards of $500...but that's a small price to pay
to finally be able to drive my car over 40MPH!

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681