Re: [DML] Lifting a lowered car (MacGyver Challenge)

Re: [DML] Lifting a lowered car (MacGyver Challenge)

More 2x's. I have the same problem with a Miata. I use 2x6's for more
support for the tires, but same principle. Cut two pieces about 18"-24" and
two pieces about 12" and nail a short one on top of each long one. Creates
kind of a mini-ramp that you drive up on giving you 3" clearance over being
on pavement. By cutting ever longer pieces for the bottom you can go
taller, but make the bottom pieces wider for stability. Also, if you go
more than two tall the bottom ones have to be *much* longer so that the
tire is up on it before getting to the other shorter ones. Otherwise you'll
just hit the stack of lumber with the front air dam and scoot it along the
floor.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 11:45 AM 4/25/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone!

<snip>
>jack doesn't fit under the car at the jack points. If i drive the car up
>on some 2x4s, I can get the floor jack under the frame at the rear of the
>car (with a 2x4 on the jack of course). But even when on 2x4s, there's no
>way of getting the jack under the front part of the frame to lift the
>front up.

<snip>