Re: [DML] Volvo valve in air intake

Yes, it does cause a restriction. Even on the DOC UK's web site they
mention that one of the modifications performed for the free flow
exhaust system is the removal of this component. One of the things
that I did to my car was I removed all the intake plumbing and
ducting. Now I just have a flexable intake hose connected between the
filter box and the intake mounted in the pontoon. It does indeed make
a differance. While I'm not exactly able to outrun every other car on
the road just yet, the engine does appear to breath a bit easier. The
throttle does respond a bit quicker, but the imporvement by itself
isn't something that I would brag that much about.

If you are looking to keep your car stock, or you live/operate your
car in a cold climate, you're best to leave the assembly in place. If
you're looking for little things you can do to help your car out,
this may be one of them.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Roland Barmettler <roli@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> But isn't this whole air intake system with all its bends, hoses and
> that valve posing quite some air flow restriction and therefore some
> performance loss ?
<SNIP>