Re: [DML] thoughts from a new owner

<<by their rationale, why not buy a "real sports car" with it? That
type of attitude wasn't too surprising to me, but what I hadn't
anticipated was that people's reactions to the *idea* of a DeLorean
are generally very different from their reactions to a *real*
DeLorean.

I have noticed this attitude again and again from people. They are
very quick to say, "What are you crazy?" and would never help you
in obtaining or maintaining one, but they will also be the first
people to drool like crazy over your car, to ask you a million
questions about it and to be happy that they even know you. I
guess that's just the nature of the beast: Most people cannot
appreicate the value of having a DeLorean, but they also can't help
thinking it is the coolest car on the road (which it is by far).

Richard