Re: Louvre Latch

Fernando Dillard wrote:

> The latch on the louvre does not reach the catch on the engine compartment
> cover. I tried adjusting the catch but it still doesn't reach. Has anyone else
> experienced this?

I experienced the same on my car, it became even worse when I adjusted the enginecover
forward so it would pop up free of the rear fascia.

DO NOT TRY TO REPOSITION THE LOUVRE if it hinges up free of the T-panel,
when you do adjust it, make sure you are not alone: this is not as easy as it looks. (I
hate to say this, but I know this from experience...)

When I had my Enginecover opening the right way I tried adjusting the catch on the cover,
but doing so I broke it in three pieces.
I wound up making a new catch from a couple of small bolts (M3 of M4, can't remember),
some nuts and a small strip of metal.
I made it so that the strip is biased to the back of the car, so the latcht DOES catch,
works like a charm, I only have to soften the edges so I won't cut myself on it AGAIN...
;-)

It it's obvious it isn't original when you see it, but I don't mind:
my car isn't original in a lot of places,
some by my own doing, some were that way when I bought it.
These are the things that make my car "MY CAR"...

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Check out the DeLorean-Files at: