mixing cross-drilled brake rotors

I want to know the list's opinion on mixing front cross-drilled brake rotors
with non-cross-drilled rear rotors. I already have the front rotors, but
cannot get rear ones to match. They are no longer available. The vendor
told me that they would refund my money & shipping charges if I returned
them.

I ordered all 4 brake rotors through Summit Racing who gets them through
Auto Specialty. Before I ordered them, I asked if they were in stock. They
said they were. It took about a month to ship the front rotors & pads.
Then a month or so later they shipped the pads for the rear brakes, but no
rear rotors. It took several months of having them on back order and
several phone calls to both Summit Racing and Auto Specialty to find out
that they are now a discontinued item. They said that in the last year and
a half they only sold 3 sets so they are not interested in making any more
due to lack of demand. I tried getting them to make a special production
run if I bought the whole run, but there was too much red tape involved.
Apparently Auto Specialty gets these rotors from another company, PowerStop
who then apparently uses a sub-contractor. What a mess. I'm too busy with
other projects to worry about making new ones from scratch. I don't like
copying someone else's wimpy design anyway.

For those of you who don't like cross-drilled rotors saying that they crack,
break, etc., can you explain why Porche is using them on production cars?
They must be reliable or they wouldn't be used like this.

I'm thinking real hard about building a new running gear using an aluminum
frame and cross-drilled brake rotors from a Porche. I heard of someone in
California (I think) who did a Porche brake conversion to their DeLorean.
Does anyone know about it? I already have more projects going than any
normal person could finish in a life time. It's a darn good thing I'm not
normal!

Walt Tampa, FL