Re: Brake light problem

Use a test light or meter and follow the voltage to the point that it
doesn't get to the bulbs. If it does get to the bulbs verify the
ground connection is intact. The O.E.M. taillight boards are very
unreliable. Either replace with Zilla boards or go to Radio Shack and
get some tiny nuts and bolts and put into the rivets. Refer to
archives for these fixes. Some have also soldered the rivets to the
foil to try to get a good contact. Sometimes bulbs look good but 1
side of the filiment has come loose and is just touching the contact.
I flick the bulb with a finger and watch to see if the filiment is
only hanging on at 1 end.(It will wave with only 1 end attached) This
is a large cause of intermittant bulbs.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Listmembers:
> My right brake lights don't work. I have checked the bulbs and they
are OK. I also took the connector apart and lightly filed the contacts
but the right brake lights still don't work. Does anyone have any
ideas what I should do next?