Help! Idle problems - Microswitch - Loose wires!

Help! Idle problems - Microswitch - Loose wires!

My DeLorean idles perfect around 775 when the engine is cold, but when the engine is warm it has a high idle of around 1000-1500, mostly around 1300. Quite annoying when stopping at a red light...this type of attention I can be without...vrrooom! :-)

Last year I had to change the waterpump. My local garage did this, but when I got my DeLorean back there were two(?) loose wires hanging on the top of the engine, close to the microswitch. Of course they had been disconnected when they worked the waterpump, and forgot where they went when hooking it all back up.

At that time I experienced a strange tacho, so somehow I personally managed to hook up the wires in one way or another so at least the tach is working. I am not sure however, if I got it correct and since this wiring isn't illustrated in any manual it would be nice if someone could send me a digital photo showing these wires and where they connect around/on the microswitch-area. To explain further, these are NOT the wires running on the top of the engine (the ones that connects to the whiteplugs). The wires I'm talking about are the wires which you can only reach when loosening the airfilter box.

I think maybe my idle problems *can* be solved simply by correct wiring in this particular area.

As I can remember, the one wire was the typical black plastic plug (as also found in the relay compartment), the other wires simply had a metal O-ring at the end of it. Maybe there was one more wire but I'm not sure.

Where should these wires connect?

I think maybe I've hooked up the black plug in a way that it interferes with the microswitch, and therefore mis-idles when engine is warm. Is there any truth to this? Or am I lost here?

So - can anyone provide me a good photo of the area around the microswitch and where the two (three?) wires should connect?

Of course any suggestions are very welcome!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759