Re: [DML] Bay Area Bull*

I dont know about the part's prices, because I have not checked on them
recently.. But I can tell you that there is nothing special about the DeLorean
breaking system. In fact, most modern cars with rear disk brakes require a
special tool to turn the piston back in to the caliper (for the E-Brake to
work), where the DeLorean has a second set of pads for the E-Brake. This design
item makes it even easier to do the rear brakes than on other "standard" cars.

Although I cannot recommend a place in your area, I can tell you that all you
need to do is find a good honest mechanic (Which seems VERY hard to in recent
years), and they will be able to handle the job at a reasonable rate.

Christian Williams wrote:
><SNIP>
>
> Well, he called me back this morning with a quote. It seems that I need my
> front rotors turned, rear rotors replaced, pads all around, and the
> anti-rattle spring set for the rear (probably some anti-squeal shims as
> well). He quoted me 680 dollars for the parts and 460 dollars for the
> labor. This sounds outrageous to me. He said that he marks the parts up
> 10%, but by my calculations, he's marking them up 300%.
<SNIP>