From: Christian Williams [mailto:delorean@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 11:37 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Bay Area Bull*

Hi guys,

I simply cannot beliieve my bad luck when it comes to cars and the shops
that fix them. I've got a relatively small problem with my car right now.
My brakes squeal, and there is a clicking sound coming from the left rear
wheel. I took the car to my local guy that I've used a couple times
before. I gave him numbers for Rob Grady and for DMC Houston for parts.

Well, he called me back this morning with a quote. It seems that I need my
front rotors turned, rear rotors replaced, pads all around, and the
anti-rattle spring set for the rear (probably some anti-squeal shims as
well). He quoted me 680 dollars for the parts and 460 dollars for the
labor. This sounds outrageous to me. He said that he marks the parts up
10%, but by my calculations, he's marking them up 300%.

And to top it off - when they were inspecting the car earlier this week,
they broke my parking brake. I haven't worked on brakes much before, but
the ammount of work to be done doesn't seem that difficult. I'm
considering attempting the job myself, but would much rather have a shop
do it... but not for 1200 dollars. If anyone in the San Francisco bay area
could recommend a shop to me, or if anyone can provide any tips on brake
work (specifit to the DeLorean or otherwise), it would be much appreciated
(and worth 1200 bucks!)

-Christian

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx