Advice on D I'm looking into

Hello,

I am looking into a Delorean I saw listed online. I took a look at it today and it seemed to be a really good deal. I wanted to know the general idea from you owners to see if I'm making the right choice by loooking into this particular one.

It's an '81 with 63,000 miles and it's an automatic. Body is in great condition with only a ding or two and clean as all hell. The binnacle is cracked a bit on top. Also the torsion bars need replacing, which the guy says will cost only $50 a pair. I tried the windows and they work and are aligned and so are the doors. No problems 'cept they won't stay up cause of those bars.

I took a drive with the guy and the car started right up and ran smooth. He's the original owner with all the paperwork and it just passed NYS inspection two days ago. Original everything in the car and all updates except the tires and the windsheild which was replaced by PJ Grady. The asking price is $16,500.

Opinions? I'm trying my best to know as much as possible, but I know you guys can help. Anything I should look out for? Thanks alot guys.

-Aaron C.

Have you moved into the Net City yet? Come see your new favorite neighborhood!

Your Net City.Com

http://www.yournetcity.com