Re: Timing plate/ distributor

To reinstall the distributer refer to M:01:02 in the workshop manual.
There is also a good picture of the calibrated bracket. A common error
in reinstalling a distributer is to be 180 degrees off. With the #1
cyl at TDC on compression stroke the rotor in the distributer should
be pointing in at least the general direction of the wire going to
cylinder #1.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> I just 'fixed' my distributor, now my car runs 0% of the time,
instead of
> the previous 5%. I was going to try to check on the timing, but
since the
> car won't run or idle, this is quite difficult. Is there a
setting/location
> of the distributor where it should be close enough to run?
>
> Also- my timing plate- I highly suspect- is not stock. Is there any
chance
> someone could take a picture of the timing plate and post it/send it
to me?
> I'm curious about where 0 (TDC) is located. The plate on mine is
very large
> and the '0' seems a little further left than I would have expected.
I may