Re: [DML] Re: Ground effects...

There are several different ground effect packages that is or that were
available from different vendors. These packages are all different in
configuration and looks.

I got my ground effect package from Rob at PJ Grady and I had him installed
it some 4 3/4 plus years ago, right after I purchased my DeLorean. I also
had the front, lowered 1 1/2" with the spring kit-package by PJ Grady's at
the same time.

Advantages with the ground effect? It makes the DeLorean looks "faster and
aggressive" (too bad, it is not as fast as it looks). With the side pieces
installed, the body of the DeLorean stays cleaner and it handles better. You
don't get pushed of the road when you get hit by "cross wind" while driving
high speed.

Disadvantages? Makes the DeLorean looks "bottom heavy" and from the back, it
looks "fat." There is a front spoiler piece that is made of fiberglass. If
the nose bottoms out -- IT WILL BREAK OR CRACK. Word of advice, do install
this piece, for you will be replacing or repairing it often. If you need a
front spoiler, get the rubber one from JC Whitney (cheaper too). You have to
be very artistic and mechanical "able," to install this part so it will look
"correct." Also, do remember and keep this in mind, your DeLorean will NOT
BE ORIGINAL once all this ground effects are installed -- Unless, you remove
them and restore all the original parts.

If any one is interested what my DeLorean looks like, e-mail private and I
will forward pics of my car.

Kayo Ong
Lic. 9D NY
kayoong@xxxx