Re: [DML] trans question

No, the clutches made by Centerforce are specificly for the DeLorean.
I say clutches because there are 2 seperate models. The regular
Centerforce I, and the Dual Friction. Your be best is to order the
Center Force kit from either DMCJoe or PJ Grady. That way you can get
the complete kit with the pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and the
clutch fork grease seal all in one shot.

Minus the adjustable clutch link and a new flywheel, my entire clutch
system is brandnew. So for me to make a viable comparison to my old
OEM clutch is a bit difficult since it had defective parts. But if
you car is only going to see occasional, light use, the OEM should be
fine. For daily driving, I would use the Centerforce first. The CF
clutch is only $40 more then the OEM, and it provides 30% more
gripping power. When hitting hills, headwinds (not often in a
DeLorean!), or starting out, I can feel a definate difference. The
stiff feel of the pedal is still the same, but it does grip a bit
quicker.

Dual friction is only for heavily modified vehicles. CF's website
states that it has 90% more gripping power than a stock clutch, but
with a lighter feel. I have no idea what so ever as to this clutch's
performance. I don't even know if it would be warranted on a dual
turbo, or upgraded engine from DMC Houston. But it would be
interesting to see how one feels...

-Robert
vin 6585